Tuesday, December 6, 2011

18 year old female with a 23 year old male, too much of an age difference?

Hello there,


I am currently an exchange student in Japan, I've graduated high school in my home country and 18 happens to be age where we are recognized as fully adult. So this past weekend I visited Atsugi Naval Air base for their 4th of July celebration.





I met this completely, down right, amazingly attractive Naval officer. He knocked the wind right outta me. Anyway, so we got to talking and everything was going really well. But when he asked for my number I panicked and told him I am a high school student. Now, I know 18 is legal for sexual relations etc but I thought he'd be like most armed forces guys and expect certain things so I let him believe I was younger. So basically now, Iam kicking myself but I know I made the right decision. Maybe.


But do you think a 18 year old with a 23 year old is too large of an age difference?|||You're only talking five years. At your age, that may seem huge. It will mean nothing as time goes by. While the relationship is just dating, do you like the same music? Do you have fun together?



He might be understanding about your explanation that you were as scared about the age difference as he was about the possibility that you may have been around 16.|||How do you know how armed forces guys in Japan think? How many forces guys have you met to make wild guesses like that? I have met many American sailors and they have been very respectful of me and my women friends. I haven't met any other types of forces guys, but you can't generalise like that.|||My wife is 5 years younger than me, we do just fine.





Careful with those Naval officers... Especially the pilots, they have huge egos.





Was he still hitting on you when you said you were under 18? May be best to leave it alone if he was...|||lol no and plus age isnt anything but a number...i mean i see if you are going with a 30+ guy and just think that he's only 5 years older than you are|||No, it isn't too much difference, and as you grow older you will grow comfortable with even more of a difference in age.|||men mature slower than women...it would be more awkward the other way around...but not much.





my last girlfriend was 10 years older than me...maturity wise there was a gulf between us. she was more like my mother. the relationship lasted a month.|||It is acceptable difference. Don't worry about that.


But give yourself time before getting serious about this.|||same age gap between me and my boyfriend, so no, there have been FARRRR bigger age gaps|||it's not too large of an age difference.|||well sence your both adults it shouldn't matter right|||Its only five years, that's not to much at all|||No it isn't. My fiancee is six years older than me.|||nahhh! im 21 and i like a 25 yr old..no worries girl

No comments:

Post a Comment