Friday, December 2, 2011

Do I go to antidepressants?

Basically I have been depressed for about 3 years now. Ever since my nan died, she was my best friend. I have never really got over it. I have a lot of family problems at home. I can't speak to anyone in my family %26amp; I don't trust my friends enough to tell them everything. I can't concentrate at school %26amp; I never have energy in me to do anything. I bottled my depression up for about 2 years %26amp; I finally went to my doctor (last year) %26amp; let out everything, she suggested for me to go counselling. I have a counselling session through my school once a week. I only have 2 sessions left. It doesn't really feel like it's helped me. Also I have a problem with food, my counsellor thinks I have an eating disorder. I'm a petite person %26amp; underweight. I feel like giving up on life a lot. I don't sleep that well either. I have had problems at school, all through my school life with bullying. It has knocked my confidence down completely. I don't know whether to go on antidepressants because it feels like it's my last option?|||One of the main problems is that you do not have control over your own life to any extent that makes you feel like you're moving forward.





Find areas in your life you can take control of, decide which direction you want to go with them, and then make a plan to get there. This will not only take your mind off being depressed and feeling like a victim all the time, it will actually remove you from being a victim.





There are a lot of areas you can take control of. Food, schoolwork, outside activities, take up jogging or other free exercises, get an afterschool/weekend/summer job and save up every penny and start planning for moving out on your own when you're old enough - if you really want to do that you'll need about 10k (USA dollars) saved up if you want a smooth transition including first and last months rent, utility deposits, furniture, food, clothing, etc. plus always have six months worth of expenses money in the bank.





So you have a LOT you can be working on, and the moment you start and you KEEP IT GOING, you will no longer be a victim of other people controlling what goes on in your life, but you will have taken over control of as much of it as you can. This is POWER over your own life. Nobody else will do this for you. And it's an awesome thing to have! So get on it and you'll be glad you did.|||Don't lose hope.


If you can't see a real therapist outside of school, at the very least speak to your doctor about antidepressants. You might feel like a zombie and it might get worse before it gets better. You might try more than one antidepressant. But eventually the sun will come out, trust me.





I am so sorry for your troubles, I really hope you have the courage and strength to take the first steps to getting better, because life only gets better once you are in the right mind to make positive decisions. Keep plowing forward.





Hang in there okay? God bless you.|||I took anti depressants for several years and it did help but it only covers up the main problem,you still have to face up to things and get on with your life, nothing can help you except you yourself. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment