Friday, December 2, 2011

If your boyfriend said your stomach was 'saggy' what would you do?

I'm 23, and have a 3 year old, plus I am 11 weeks pregnant.


Last night my boyfriend and were chatting on the phone, and I mentioned something about my stomach to which he replied 'let's not discuss that as it's not your most flattering feature'. Anyway, perhaps stupidly I persisted with the conversation, and it ended up getting a little heated, with him saying it was saggy.


Admittedly my stomach has never regained it's pre-pregnancy shape, but he genuinely believes I did nothing to try to improve it - which I did, and he has now completely knocked my confidence. No woman wants to hear her boyfriend say her body is 'saggy', surely, but especially at 11 weeks pregnant, it upset me even more than it would've done usually.





If he'd have been standing in front of me at the time, I'd probably have knocked his teeth down his throat with the frying pan, but as he wasn't I couldn't, and now I just feel like I never want him to see me naked again.|||Typical man! They insist on finding your worst feature and pointing it out! Why don't you point out a few of his failings, i bet he isn't perfect either! please don't take it to heart too much, he wouldn't be with you if he didn't find you attractive. My husband tells me he loves my post pregnancy body as it is a sign of our baby having lived there, but he points out every spot i have.......again and again!!|||I'm not pregnant or anything (never have been) but if I had a boyfriend who said it jokingly, I wouldn't mind as much, but if he sounded serious I'd probably be extremely upset.





For God's sake, your pregnant, your boyfriend would be an IDIOT to think you wouldn't be offended at all about this.





If you don't feel being comfortable being naked around him any longer because of this, then don't get naked. :p Even for sex.|||Dont get naked in front of him now then to make him suffer cuz if ur not going to be naked in front of him he can't have any sex so make him wait until you want it and only let him see you naked when your happy and if he asks why ur being different then let him or think of something on his body that would upset him if you mentioned it and talk to ur friends about it. I know it sounds childish but it will work and make you feel better.|||awwh! i can't believe your boyfriend would say that to you, how rude! you've had a child what would you expect.. i don't really know what to tell you.. maybe just try explaining to him that it is because you've had a baby and that there's nothing you can do about it and tell him how him saying that has effected your feelings|||I'd say 'well don't look at it then'. Next time he wants sex i'd just say 'No, because then you'll have to look at my saggy tummy and we can't have that, can we?'.





He wouldn't have gotten off lightly. He should be groveling when he gets home. And if he doesn't, have you still go that frying pan handy?|||Tell him you can always smell his *** when you're making love, and you never say anything because you don't want to hurt his feelings, but you have to hold back the gag reflex because it's so nauseating. Then every time you two get intimate, he'll have something to be self-conscious about too!|||Tell him he could do with hardening up some areas if you know what I mean!


What a selfish sod - you're priorities are (rightly so) on the pregnancy and your 3 year old, not your tummy. And now is not the time to be worrying about it either.


Give me his address, I'll come and show him a saggy belly. While I'm there, I'll slap him one for you too.|||awww hunni!!!





if my bf sed that to me i would have come back with a comment like "you have a saggy bum" lol





tell him not to be so rude to you and remind him that you have carried one of his children and that you are now carrying his second!





tell him to walk around with a watermelon in his tummy and then give birth to it and then get this "perfect" body back afterwards!!!





give him a slap for me!!!





hope your ok hun xxxxx|||wow, what a jerk - it may not be your "best feature" but he could have kept his opinion and loud mouth comments to himself.





guys are beyond me. currently my boyfriend acts like the minimal amount of effort is all that is needed. I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt my feelings. I am not sure if it is because we have known each other for sooo long now.|||It would really upset me if my husband said this. Even though, well, my stomach is currently a little saggy.





Generally speaking, if a man wishes to continue to have sex with a woman, he should refrain from criticizing her body.|||I swear I feel your pain. I'm mad he said that too. He sounds totally insensitive, thank god it sounds as if you don't live together. I would be careful and take that guy with a grain of salt, he could be emotionally abusive. You sound like a strong smart chick though, just stay on top of it|||WOW! that was rude you should tell him try having a baby and see what his looks like after wards! men are so insensitive! I would refuse sex and when he asks why say cause i don't want you get discussed by my saggy stomach! it's funny he says your tummy is saggy but he still gets his man up!|||wow what an ***! i so would have slapped him if my guy said that to me! you have every right to be pissed! omg hes lucky hes not my boyfriend lol i woulda prolly got the frying pan out too! i give you props no woman wants to here her guy say that when shes pregnant!|||I would yell at him for saying that, he has no right especially when you are 11 weeks pregnant. Make him realize that its not your fault. If he is looking at your physical features, then he is not the right one, in my opinion.|||dont let him get you upset. embrace your body anyhow it is he's just being a jerk if he only knew how hard it is to have a baby he'd shut the **** up! and also you have beautiful kids enjoy life regardless|||My husband read this over my shoulder and said "I may have thought that but I have more sense than to ever say something like that. I like being married and enjoy my testicles. Your boyfriend is dumb."





I agree.|||I would give him a slap and then tell him his willy is looking saggy and isn't his most flattering feature. Tell him that he's upset you and if he loves you he'll think more carefully before opening his big mouth in future!|||If my fiance ever said that to me, he would be picking his face up off the floor!! I would tell him something about himself to make him self-conscious!! Give him a taste of his own medicine!! You definitely do not deserve to be talked to like that!|||Well mine never said my stomach was saggy but he told me I was looked square...am 11 weeks too and i also have a 3 year old it made me feel bad so i know how u feel i swear some men just dont think before they speak. dont worry just tell urself hes stupid cause he is =]|||your boyfriend needs kicking to the curb.. how dare he say that, seriously, what a p**ck.. just remember, you have a beautiful child because of your tummy, so dont let him knock u down xx|||tell him you've never complained about his little penis, or you can tell him its not exactly small but you sure have seen a lot bigger|||wow what an awesome man u got there. i dont think i could be with some1 that i know doesnt like my stomach. which is a pretty touchy subject in my book already|||i would have slapped him!


and then sacked him!


but really you should sit down and tell him how you feel.


he has no right to treat you this way especially if he loves you!|||He sounds like a prize pr*ck, to be honest. Where did you find this character?|||What an a%*





Find one if his unattractive features and say it disgusts you.|||Your boyfriend has a lot to learn about tact.|||Kick him in the peanuts. What a jerk, like he's so perfect...|||**Jaw dropping**


What a complete asssss|||Dont let it get to you sweetie, you are obviously going to be pretty concious about your body, as most woman are and at 11 weeks pregnant are going to be that tab bit more sensitive than usual but remember men dont have that sensitive, soft approach. If they see you have a big bum, they will say that you have a big bum but that doesnt mean they dont love it, men like a bit of meat and all the wobbly bits included. They dont think about not mentioning the subject because they dont see it as bad.


Im 17 and my belly and boobs are extremley saggy since having my baby, so think how I feel being that young. Some days I look at it and huff but then I overlook it and think "i love all my wobbly bits, it shows that my daughters been that part off me". I'm comfortable with my boyfriend seing it all because I know he loves me and my body, he messes around about my saggy bits now and then but at the end of the day, those saggy bits are part of me and he loves them.


Your partner could have been a little bit suttlerm, but dont be concious because that is what he saw in you and even tough he said its not your best point, I bet you know he loves them and you to peices and wouldnt want you any other way. Congratulations about the baby, oh and by the way, a womans body doesnt fully recover until 5 years after birth, so you have a while yet|||I would have cried seriously, since my fiance would never say anything like that to me, he loves everything about me, so should your boyfriend. You carry and are carrying his child, what the hell is he thinking talking like that? How horrible, he obviously has a lot to learn, in general. I am sorry though, that must have been horrible. I would just let him know how he hurt you, that would hurt anyone with some kind of feelings. He should be thanking you everyday for going through everything you went for just to deliver your children. Good luck.|||Aw, what a git! :o( That's made me feel pretty sad to read he said that to you.





I'd probably knock his flaming teeth out too. lol. I'd probably then sulk, insult something about him that I knew he was self conscious about and end up refusing to let him see me naked ever again...of course that's not really helpful, just what most women would want to do following that remark.





You'll just have to tell him how much he has upset you. And hope that he makes it up to you BIG time. Swimming is a great exercise for toning and safe and healthy to do during pregnancy. Also after you've had this baby you can try doing scrunchies and getting an exercise ball then either asking your midwife or looking online for the best exercises to tone up your tummy after birth.





Sorry to hear this, and good luck with baby no# 2! x

No comments:

Post a Comment