Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Can u be knocked out for a root canal? Cost?

I am 27 years old. My root canal experience was a nightmare. No joke. It took me 3 separate visits, each lasting anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. I bawled the entire time. I had to be held down so I would hit the dentist while tools were in my mouth, and laughing gas does no good. Obviously my pain threshold is the lowest of the low. My mouth felt seriously violated after that experience! I FINALLY got the crown put on this month..... 8 months after first drilling on the tooth began. Since we all know that dental work never comes cheap for those of us without insurance. A lovely 2,000+ was dropped on that damn tooth.





Anyway.... I've been informed that I must have this procedure yet again. Lucky me. I only know one thing... there is no way in hell this root canal is happening unless I'm knocked out! Just thinking about it makes me burst out in tears. I honestly can say that there is no way I can sit there in a calm manner and have it done to me again after my last experience. I'm seriously scared to death of this procedure!





So what are my chances they will knock me out for this procedure? Or give me something better then those numbing shots because they do not work on me! Last time they had to cut into the side of my gums in order to get the needle even further down to make sure it was completely numb! Not pleasant!





Tooth is already hurting and I know that's bad but can't do anything bout it til next month so I'm trying to find a dentist who will work with me on this in Virginia.|||try a different dentist. i've had several and never felt anything.|||You want a GE if you are wanting to be basically out. Root canals are not that bad actually. Pulling a tooth is alot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment