Friday, December 2, 2011

Will it ever dry uut or just break completely?

Last night I knocked my laptop onto the floor and then in my hurry to get down and pick it up I knoked a cup of cofee all over it. Luckily the coffee just seemed to go in the screen and now the screen has gone dodgy. I have turned i upside down hoping it will dry out but so fqar it hasn't. I have got q grey stripe down the right handside of the screen and on the left I have a brown patch and then lots of damp looking blotches. Will this get worse do you know? Or is there a chance it can still dry out? Anyone know how if possible you can take the screen of altogether so I can try empty it manually or is this just not possiblw with a laptop.|||Take it to PC World or somewhere to get it looked at





If it's just the screen that's damaged you might be able to replace the screen or use an external monitor, but I think the chances of repairing the existing screen are pretty slim.|||get your laptop serviced and fast coz the leftover coffee, humidity remaining in the case can damage the motherboard !|||take the battery out and let it dry for a few days.


then try it.


if you've already tried to boot it already, you've probably ruined it.|||It would probably be best to get the opinion of your friendly neighborhood computer geek. It may be possible to simply let it dry out. Placing it in a cool dry place for several days should do it. But if you've already started it without drying it out completely your lucky it didn't fry. I've never had this exact thing happen to me, but once I spilled nearly an entire Dr. Pepper down the back of my TV. Luckily it was not plugged in at the time. I simply watched my spare set for about a week. When I did retry it worked perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment