Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How come some people can take a punch better than others?

Some friends and I have started boxing recently. We throw everyone's name in a hat and pull out 2 to set up each fight. I have noticed that sometimes someone will get hit with a huge punch and it hardly seems to affect them and others go down or get knocked wobbly. I have fought 4 times now and my best friend says I have a "glass jaw" because I've gotten knocked down in every fight at least once. In my last fight, I hit my opponent with the best punch i've ever thrown and it stopped him for a moment and he grabbed me and held on but it didn't knock him down. A minute later he hit me with a good punch and I went down. I got up but my legs weren't really working and he hit me with a few jabs and when i tried to clench he hit me with an uppercut that knocked me out completely. I don't understand why I can't take a punch like the others seem to. Is it true that some people have weaker chins and are much easier to knock down or out? Can I learn to be stronger or should I stop fighting?|||Man if you are getting knocked out... DON'T SPAR FOR AT LEAST two weeks.





You have a rocking concussion for sure.





You probably got a concussion on your first knock out and have not healed properly. Thats why your getting knocked out again so easily. It is very very dangerous for your brain.





Rest for at least two weeks. (a month is best) Then go from there. After your head has recovered, there will be less swelling in your skull and you wont be knocked out easily again. Don't sparr if your've been concussed you can even suffer permanent damage and memory loss.|||It's just genetics, don't get hit so much.|||Marty be careful Bro, you can play lots of sports but you can't play boxing. Get it? There's a thing that you can do that the great Roberto Duran was great at and that's timing the punch and turn your head with the punch as it lands. It might look like you've been really been clocked but the effects of the punch should be limited. It usually the punch that you don't see that gets you so this is not a fool proof technique but it helps Good luck Marty.

No comments:

Post a Comment