Thursday, November 24, 2011

A couple of weeks ago Federal Marshalls were chasing a fugitive who ran through my yard.?

In the process, this person jumped third fences in my yard. He cleared one, bent another and totally demolished the last fence, knocking it completely down to the ground, uprooting two thick wooden stakes and kept on going.





I called the police and got a report, took pictures, and then called my insurance company to report the incident. The estimate was $500+ dollars but I am responsible for the first $500.





My questions are: "who is responsible for fixing my fence, the federal marshalls or the fugitive? And if it is the fugitive, how can he pay if he is incarcerated? And do I have any other recourse to have these fences repaired that are not out of pocket expenses?





Thank you for your assistance in this matter.|||Wow. That really sucks. You'd think the marshalls would be able to take care of this but who knows? I know it's a cliched answer in here but I guess talking to a lawyer is the best idea.|||The fugitive is responsible for the damage. You will probably never see the money but he can actually be charged with vandalism or destruction of property.|||Talk to your lawyer if you feel it's worth it.


Why would the US Marshals Service be responsible? They are supposed to catch the guy, not pay for the guy's mishaps.


If anything the fugitive.. which I think he should pay. But the Marshals have no reason to pay, they were doing their job and they weren't the ones who did the damage in the first place.


Just talk with your lawyer.|||This is a legal issue. Consult a lawyer and/or your insurance company.

No comments:

Post a Comment