Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do you prevent birds from making a nest on your car tire while you are in work during the day?

During this time of year, I'll be at work and by the time I get out the birds will have a nest built on top of one of my car tires. If I go out say, at lunchtime, and knock down whatever they're building, they just start again and it's back by the time I leave. Is there anything I can use to deter them, short of parking in a completely different area?|||um, ...|||put a scarecrow by your car! lol.. or just crumple a paper bag and stuff it in between the fender and tire.|||One thing that might work. Do you have a cat or know someone who does? Brush the cat (or have it's owner do so), and put the fur into the foot of an old nylon stocking. Add a rock or something to weigh it down, so it doesn't blow away. When you arrive at work, put the fur-filled nylon in your wheel well. The cat scent might make the birds decide this isn't a great location for a nest.


For what it's worth, nest-building will soon be over. When the birds figure out they can't get a nest permanently built in your wheel well, they will look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment