Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do I get the dirt off of my carpet?

I have a small cactus and my cat has knocked it down a few times. Every time before this, the soil wouldn't make a big mess at all. But this time, it's everywhere. How am I supposed to get the dirt off of the carpet? I know you can't vacuum it because then it'll smear, and i've picked up all that I can. It's not wet at all, it was almost completely dry. HELP?|||when i spilled coffee grounds on my carpet i used a damp cloth and picked it up by just pressing it into the carpet. and once i got most of it out i would get the rag all wet in soapy water and scrub the rest out. it worked well for me


hope i helped|||Hi,





Let it dry completely and vacuum it up - go for it!|||Use the attachment part of your vacuum, suck up the large debris continue until you get it up, then sprinkle with corn starch and vacuum with attachment again, continue until it is up. You will not use the beater bar so you will not be grinding it in. The corn starch allows it to slide off the carpet fibers.|||Here is a site that I would highly recommend. They have very high quality stain removal techniques. I would suggest repeating the process after the first application, and rinsing the rug out with cool water in between applications. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment