Thursday, November 24, 2011

Is it wrong that I want to leave home for good?

I'm 22, never dated anyone, I have went to college, partied, lived in my own apartment, blah blah blah. I play the guitar and the piano and I want to do big things in my life. Where I live, it is almost impossible to find a job! I've been trying for two years now. I live with my mother, who always tells me how I act like this and that and I won't make it out there, I'm living in a fantasy world.. I mean I've got this hard working spirit inside of me and its been knocked down several times, but I never completely lay down, its a cold world I there, I know because I've lived in it, but I'm at my end with this one. I want to just save up money up and leave for another state, a big city, something. I'm tired of sticking around here, waiting for things to happen. I've always been alone, so it really wont hurt much because I am a person that is truly introverted. I write poetry, I have had jobs before, I have alot of experience. I'm just wondering is this what everyone feels when they go out on their own. I love my mom and I understand as the youngest she was to always protect me from my older siblings mistakes, but I'm not living my life. I'm stuck here, doing the same damn thing over and over again... I guess I'm just trying to figure out why does this feeling inside of me keep pulling me to leave because its a feeling that when I do leave I will figure out where my Destiny lies. I would love for someone's advise on this one.|||Wrong? No, it's not wrong to want it. However, you're not ready yet -- in a few ways you're not already aware of.



You speak of your destiny being "out there", as though it's a chalk outline of a body and a life that you need to slide into. That's exactly the opposite of the mind set a mature person living independently must have. You must make your own destiny, shape your own life and run it. Only then will it be your life, something you have to take the blame for but conversely have the right to take credit for.



Finish your education, save your money, and decide what shape you want your life to take. Then, take steps you can feel proud of to stay where you're at or move where the job you want or exploration you crave is at.|||No, it's not wrong. Look for a career in a place you'd like to live in, and chase your dreams. You'll regret it forever if you don't try.|||just do it. if you have nothing to lose, chase your dreams!|||its hard becouse you need a lot of money first :P|||It sounds like you've outgrown your home. This is good embrace it. Every person has there own path. You should feel fortunate that you realized it and don't fear change. So many people are afraid to leave home or even there hometown. Your just experiencing the beautiful part of life get out there and explore the world you wont regret it. I guarantee it. Figure out your dream and follow it. That's how you live a happy fulfilling life.|||I can only respond based on my perspective while of course considering the information you have provided. I would say that no one can answer this question for you and that more information is likely needed to make an assumption. If I were in your position as with the mind set I have, I would leave as soon as I had the opportunity to and move to NYC. I say New York because this is where I am from and it is very easy to get a job here. Anyone who tell you differently does not have much work ethic, they usually may apply for 2-3 jobs and then complain. If you are willing to work hard at finding a decent job and work hard at maintaining one then you can survive here and eventually even live. Rooms are also affordable. Live below your means and work hard simple. First consider the Pros and Cons and be realistic but never let anything get in your way. You have to take risk to succeed.





Sorry for the errors and bad grammar. Just my opinion.|||It isn't wrong to want to leave home "for good", but it isn't necessarily right, either. sounds as though you mostly want freedom from listening to mom. Let's look at your life now. You have went to college, but you didn't say anything about your grades, or how far you went. You don't have a job. You want to save up money, but you say nothing about having some saved up now, and you don't seem to have a specific city in mind, even. Just what is the same damn thing you do over and over? Do you wake up every morning and smoke pot all day? Do you sit around and watch Springer? You speak of a hard working spirit, but you say little about working hard. Talking a good game isn't the same as playing one. Just what do you expect will be different when you move?





My vote, dear friend, is to find a job. There is one there, if you look for it and ask for it and then show up every day. When you're self sufficient, you'll have a new perspective, and a real appreciation of your own abilities. Then your dreams will have some traction. A plan without a deadline isn't a plan, it's a dream, a wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment