Saturday, November 19, 2011

What bird shall I get?

Ive had 2 budgies when I was 6.





I'm 13 now and whn I move into my new, bigger room I want a bird.





But what bird is right for me?





I've looked at budgies, cockatiels and parakeets.





I know how to look after budgies coz I have previously owned 2 and If I get one, human tamed youngan it will bond to me more.





Cockatiels I thought was great but saw thy can live up to 20 years and they are dusted and are not that suitable for asthmatics. Guess what. I'm asthmatic. But I'm growing out of it :D.





And parakeets! Arnt they just budgies? I'm looking at the smaller ones, because I don't want a HUGE bird.





My new room is right next to my sisters room and because we always "borrow eachothers stuff we've arranged for the wall between our bedrooms to have like an archway put in ( like a doorless door ) or the wall to be knocked down completely.





She likes birds, but at 16,she sleeps till like noon! Lazy bum! So, which of the birds I mentioned, or other birds will be more quieter but just as fun, affectionate and would want to fly around?





Thanks :)|||I really wouldn't recommend a Cockatiel, they tend to be nice to one person and be aggressive and bite the other people. Cockatiels and Lovebirds are just like each other





Budgies-Oh god, i love them!! I know you had 2 when you was 6, but get one on itself. They are beautiful, colourful and simply amazing. When you have 1 they sleep with you, let them do anything to you, be very affectionate and whistle/chirp/sing just like mine. Mine loves playing with toys, and he also sits on my shoulder and head, he can do a range of tricks, aswell. He is very unique and cute. They are much quieter than cockatiels, and have more chance of talking than cockatiels, budgies are not aggressive, unlike tiels.


If you decide on budgies, get only one. Cockatiels and lovebirds are harder too look after and come across as meaner and lack personality, in my opinion. They are also more expensive and not as pretty as budgies..





If you want to know the difference between a budgie and a parakeet:


In America, budgies are known as normal parakeets, or the 'Grass' Parakeet.


But here we call them Budgies (If you live in the U.K, that is!)


You will notice that here in the U.K we call other birds like Monk Parakeets and Ring Necked Parakeets Parakeets....us English and Americans call the bigger kinds of Parakeets the same name.





I wouldn't recommend a different breed of keet', because most are aggressive and mean.








Good luck!!|||I think you should get a parrot they are very fun

No comments:

Post a Comment