Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do i remove the trigger assembly from an old shotgun?

I am attempting to restore a 20 ga. J Stevens shotgun, the rust isn't a problem but I would like to remove all the internal action for further cleaning.It looks like they used pressed in pins.Are these just simply knocked out with a punch? I don't want to put any tooling marks on the pins,use brass punch? The gun is completely broke down otherwise.|||I have Stevens 410 it's about the same. Take the back plate off and then there's the screw way up. Remove this, the trigger assembly is the two or three screws that have to line up but be careful, when you remove them, they fall out. It's hard lining them up to replace them.


A hint. I couldn't after five attempts re blue with cold bluing, have a gun smith use hot bluing, it works much better.|||the pins are tapered look for a smaller end


use a brass punch

No comments:

Post a Comment