Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do I renovate my center fireplace?

When you walk through the front entrance door, the back of my fireplace is what you see. As you walk though (and around the fireplace), you move into my main area, the living room. I am completely renovating my house and believe that since this is the center of my house, I should remodel it first. Built in the 80's, it's all brick until you hit the cellings. I would love to update it but not sure how. Do I knock down all the brick or build and add plywood and tile to the outside? Just really, really needing some assistance.... Thank you!|||OMG I wouldn't take down the brick, that's too much work.


If you want a smooth surface for the top, frame out the area with wood and cover with drywall, then paint.


If you want to cover it all with a more modern rock then look at this site: http://www.capbrick.com/stone_overlay.ht鈥?/a>


You can also tile over the brick.


Before you get busy with the sledge hammer, maybe you should do a little research online at some fireplace remodeling.


Good luck!!!|||I have the same problem. As soon as you enter the front door you face the back of the fireplace. I have space open on the right and left. What the people did before was cover the entire back side and extend it to the right wall of the house to create a peninsula from the right. I knocked it down and now have the same problem your having. I'm just going to point the bricks and put a huge mirror on the back and put decorative shelving which could reach from the side of the fireplace to the wall. Call it a day and it's inexpensive. If you find out any other good ideas just let me know.


Thanks.|||Good finance question! I know of an organization that gives up to $1500 to people to help them with their rent or mortgage. It's available in most US cities, I highly suggest you check it out.








http://www.we-mortgage-help-rent.org





Best of Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment