Saturday, November 19, 2011

Daughter fell and knocked out tooth. What would you do? Opinions please!!?

My 2 year old fell and knocked out one of her front teeth and chipped the other. I took her to a pediatric dentist and on her first visit, they removed the almost completely knocked out tooth. In order to do this, they put her in a papoose and gave her nitrous oxide. The second visit to the dentist, they took xrays and cleaned her teeth, again putting her in a papoose. It took two of us to hold her down to put her in the papoose and an hour to get the xrays. The pediatric dentist says we should put a bridge in so she has a full set of teeth, so she doesn't get teased in school. At first i said ok.....so I made an appt. that happened to be two months later. during that time, we made a few visits to her pediatrician and eye dr. and she has become deathly afraid of going to the dr. now since the dentist incident. She wasnt like that before. I talked to her pediatrician, family and some friends about wether or not I should put my daughter through the dentist again right now for the bridge. Everyone says to forget it, even the pediatrician, because when she starts kindergarten, many other kids will be without teeth as well. A few friends kids have also had a few teeth pulled or some were knocked out during a fall and they chose not to put a bridge in. I called the ped. dentist and cancelled the appt. and they said i should really get it done for spacing issues, speech, etc. My daughter talks just fine without the one tooth and doesn't lisp. I really don't want to put my daughter through this again and want her to become comfortrable around dr.'s again. If need be, I can do the bridge in a year or two. Your thoughts on this? what would you do?|||A bridge in primary teeth is a no no. the teeth will fall out none the less, dont do anything at this stage, dont even do a bridge in 2 years time its a waste of money and not needed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment