Thursday, November 24, 2011

Help meee pleasee! Paranoid about stomach noises... any help?

It was during an hour long writing german mock exam back in January, we had only just had lunch and I had eaten quite a lot, so naturally my stomach made some noise, I was tense, so it was to be expected. But since then I have become very paranoid about my stomach making noises. After that german exam I still had a week of exams to go, so obviously now, instead of 100% concerntration on the actual exam, I was freaking out about my stomach. My stomach doesnt make an unatural amount of noise. But now I get so anxious about it, my stomach starts churning and I feel pretty sick. If its a quiet environment, (eg during assembly at school) my palms get sweaty and I can't sit still. After the mocks I had a school ski trip, and we were sharing rooms, the first night I didnt sleep at all because I was soo anxious about my stomach, nobody cared though, I thought it was a major deal, eventually I was ok. But now even when I am at home in bed sometimes, my stomach makes the occasional noise and I get really uncomfortable. I know its normal for your stomach to make noises, but there is something which makes me become even scared about it. I did have a phase in 2007 when i was worried about my stomach, but that eventually passed. I even get anxious in lessons when the teacher is talking. Ive read all this about IBS, and it makes me even more nervous. This whole thing has completely knocked my confidence down, this time last week I had a school concert to go to, on the way there I was so scared that I started shaking and crying. I mean I wasnt half as nervous when I sat at the back, but then when I had to go and sit at the front because I was in choir, I felt like I was going to loose control. I keep telling myself its all in my mind, and I am pretty certain it is, Im almost 100% it is. I have even less confidence then I did when I was 10, I am 16 now. Its so lame but I absolutely freak about it. What can I do to calm me down...? I have GCSEs soon, and some of them are even longer than the mocks... (eg english was an hour and 15 mins, but now its 2 hours) The mock exam of maths was hour and a half and it felt like hell, but I guess the fact I hadnt really revised much didnt help, so Im gunna revise a whole load more for my GCSEs. But I am so worried about it, Ive asked to sit at the back cos apart from freaking out about my stomach, I felt really clostraphobic, so hopefully that will help. I just need to keep clam but I dont know how to. I didnt have much confidence to begin with... and with the whole thing of growing up and etc etc just does not help. Lots of work, exams, getting a job, so much stress and I cant handle it. Does anyone else have this problem? I just wish I could go back to even the week before the mocks when I was absolutely fine. Not a single thing to worry about except the exam. TT_TT I do know what not to eat if I have an exam now, but even that doesnt stop it all the time (most of the time it does) but sometimes just the nerves make my stomach go crazy. AHHHH i dont know what to doooooo D:%26gt;|||I think that taking olive oil will help you. I had the same problems as you do and I came across a book on the internet that helps remove the noises, I got the tip about olive oil from that book but it has lots of other good tips. The olive oil will slow down your intestinal contractions and prevent your stomach from making noise.





Don't worry about eating fat, olive oil is good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment