Thursday, November 24, 2011

What happens to my mail when my mailbox is down? USPS?

We got a bad snow storm here recently %26amp; one of the plow trucks knocked down my mailbox. The snow hasn't melted yet %26amp; the ground is completely frozen so we haven't had a chance to fix it. We just placed the mailbox against the front of my house. The mailman has been putting our letters/papers in the mailbox, but not my packages. (I'm not home during the day so I can't talk to him) I just remembered that I bought a bunch of things off of ebay that should be arriving any day (no tracking #'s) %26amp; I'm worried that USPS will just send them back to the seller. I haven't gotten any slips or anything from the PO indicating that they have my packages. Do you think they will just keep the packages at the PO until I pick them up, or will they just send them back? Advice is appreciated!|||The other two are correct in that if the mail carrier is still delivering your letter mail, he should be delivering your packages also.





If you're concerned about that packages being safe because the mail box is down, call the post office and ask if they can hold the packages for you but place a notice in your box when they come.|||USPS will attempt to deliver your packages three times, if you have not responded to their slips (they will leave one if they've tried to drop a package) sometime after the three tries they'll send them back.





You could leave a note on the door for the mailmen or USPS guy explaining the situation and ask they leave a number to call or hold the package... automatically they will, like I said for three tries.|||If you mail is being delivered, then the packages should be delivered too, and placed next to the mailbox. If the mailman thinks it isn't good to leave the packages, for whatever reason, then a note will be left with your regular mail. Your packages are probably just running late due to the weather and the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment